Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind
don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
~ Dr. Seuss
Every year, I like to listen to holiday music... I have a number of tunes that I must hear every year or it's just not Christmas. So here’s my holiday playlist from last year... I need to decide which songs to keep and what else to add:
- “Happy X-Mas (War is Over)” – Sarah McLachlan
- “Jolly Holly Christmas” – Burl Ives
- “Better Days” – Goo Goo Dolls
- “All My Bells are Ringing” – Lenka
- “Little Dealer Boy” – Willie Nelson with Stephen Colbert
- “Winter Wonderland” – Jason Mraz
- “O Come All Ye Faithful” – Amy Grant
- “Here Comes Santa Claus” – Elvis Presley
- “Jingle Bell Rock” – Hall & Oates
- “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen / We Three Kings” – Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan
- “Let It Be Christmas” – Alan Jackson
- “Do They Know It’s Christmas” – BandAID
- “White Christmas” – Willie Nelson
- “Another Christmas Song” – Stephen Colbert
What are your favorite Christmas songs?
P.S. – I won’t hear any back talk about the BandAID song, people! I have strong and positive memories of that song and the resulting concert. Regardless of the goofy message and 80s influence, it remains one of my favorite holiday tunes. So there!
I've got some recipes that came with the model, plus I found this recipe site. I'm not sure if I have any cookbooks with crockpot recipes, but I'll check this weekend. I have a general sense of what I'd like to make, especially if I can load it up in the morning before the bus stop and have a meal when we get home.
What are your favorite slow cooking recipes?
It's been so long since I attached to anything. I'm curious to hear about what you're watching/reading/etc. and what about it captures your attention and/or imagination.
- I'm so tickled with these Salt & Pepper Playtime Shakers
- Think TSA would be amused with this tote bag?
- I keep meaning to get a USB tree for my desk.
- My mother used to have a giant jack for a door stop.
- I think Nemo would be absolutely fascinated with this dog cam.
- If I had a back yard, I'd consider posting these garden gnomes among the flowers.
- This tank robot clock looks sturdy and adorable.
( Read more...Collapse )
After that, it was off to Nemo's school and then work for me. Well, kind of work... I can't concentrate on anything between my persistent cough and wondering how today will go.